Friday, May 22, 2009

Graduation and Happenings Since Then

Well, 4 years after I graduated from High School I did it again. This time with my B.A. in Political Science from Abilene Christian University. I also minored in Bible. The last four years were fun and educational. I learned a lot about myself, life, and political science. I apologize for not having a new blog for a couple weeks but I finally got internet at my place and so now I should resume more regularly.

I enjoyed having everyone come down and be at my graduation. I was especially surprised when Julie told me she’d be here since she had to come all the way from Bolivia. I had a lot of fun with everyone and was very thankful for all the help Mom and Dad gave me as I moved into my new place. I’ve started working at the Center for Restoration Studies in the Library. It’s actually kind of cool. There are some boring aspects, like vertical filing for hours…, but being able to hold and look at bibles made in the 1500’s is pretty cool. For Josh and Julie, ACU has the first ever protestant Spanish bible made in 1602. There are many different collections and it’s pretty easy to get lost trying to find something in the back. I’m looking forward to whatever the rest of the summer has in store for me there. My xbox360 is getting fixed up as I write this so hopefully I’ll have it back sometime next week. Rusty, I look forward to slaughtering you online J. I have several ideas for blog posts over the next couple of weeks so stay tuned. Now that I have internet I should be back to my original schedule.

1 comment:

  1. Matt,
    Glad to hear that you are enjoying your new job (mostly) and that you got internet hook-up. I was surprised to read that your Xbox will be repaired so soon. That should help you pass the time this summer.
    I sent you a long newsy email yesterday. Your dad said something about your using a new email address, but I don't know what it is so I sent it to the old one.
    Things are back in a regular routine here now. I'm doing lots of gardening, getting plants in for summer.
    Lots of love, Mom

    ReplyDelete