Monday, August 3, 2009

Birthday

Well, it was my birthday on Saturday. I want to say thank you to all of you who made it such a wonderful day. Thank you to Julie for calling, for Mom and Dad for all the books and the new shirts. Thank you to Laura who tried to call to wish me a happy birthday but couldn’t reach me. Sorry Laura, I dropped my phone in the dishwater and it didn’t start working till late in the evening (I’m at work right now but I’ll try and call you tomorrow, Tuesday). Thank you to the Garrets who had me over for lunch the next day and who had a cake and a card for me.

Most of all thank you to Janille. Thank you for the wonderful package you sent. For the cookies (they’re so good!!!), the card, my new belt, and for completing my Harry Potter collection with Tales of Beedle the Bard. For those of you who haven’t seen it I will try to describe the card. Janille made a wonderful ‘virtual party’ for me. The card had several pictures of my friends printed off a computer with party hats glued onto their heads. Each picture had a caption. The one with Jason yelling something was him singing happy birthday. Mykal did the cooking and so had a picture of him in the apron. Dusty was popping out of a closet to surprise me and so his picture was him making a weird face. Finally there was a picture of both of us and a special birthday message for me. Thank you so much Sweetheart it was wonderful!!

Thank you to all my friends, my family, and to Janille for making my birthday such a wonderful day. I was approaching it this year with a little bit of trepidation because it would be the first one I’ve celebrated alone. Thank you to everyone for making it so much better than I was expecting. I love you all.

2 comments:

  1. It was weird, too, for me not to be baking you a German Chocolate Cake or a Black Forest Torte this Aug. 1. Glad you had a good day. We're looking forward to seeing you next month. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Notable things about this post: "dropped the phone in the dishwater" :-)
    and Janille got a whole paragraph of thanks while everyone else was squeezed into a small paragraph all together. :-) Very interesting. Can't wait to meet this sweet lady! So glad your birthday was a great one. I love reading your posts, Matt!

    ReplyDelete